Mitchell Scott is a creative professional with over 20 years experience producing thought-provoking, story oriented content across a variety of genres and media. An award-winning writer, editor and publisher, Mitchell has also amassed over a decade of corporate marketing and communications experience with senior positions in both the outdoor and music industries.
WRITING & PUBLISHING
- Professional writer with 20 years experience and 400+ published articles for titles like Powder, Bike, Skier’s Journal, The Globe and Mail, and Outside. For nearly a decade a Senior Correspondent at Powder and an Editor-at-Large at Bike
- Co-Publisher/Owner and Editor-in-Chief at Coast Mountain Culture and Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazines (2000-2015), two award winning bi-annual publications based out of Nelson, British Columbia. Website: Mountainculturegroup.com
FILM & VIDEO
- Executive Producer for Ashes to Agassiz, a 22-minute mountain bike super segment featuring Graham Agassiz, released on iTunes in summer 2015. In collaboration with Sherpas Cinema, Monster Energy, SRAM, Giro and Kona Bikes
- Creative director and executive producer for Shambhala Music Festival’s 2014, 2015, and 2016 Official AfterMovies, in conjunction with Sweetgrass Productions
- Co-story creator, script supervisor, and narration scriptwriter for Life Cycles, an award winning feature-length mountain bike film released by Stance Films in 2011.
- Writer, actor and co-director for Red Sucks, often referenced as one of the better pieces of ski resort viral marketing ever
- Creative director, director, and producer for over 80 webisodes for the Kona Bicycle Company as part of Communications Director role. Some examples:
- Documentary: https://vimeo.com/81418393
- Action: https://vimeo.com/36748808, https://vimeo.com/86521256
- Comedy/commercial: https://vimeo.com/75487805, https://vimeo.com/89131982
- Served as story and production consultant for numerous action sport film companies: Anthill Films, Freeride Entertainment, Sherpas Cinema, and Sweetgrass Productions.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Communications Director for Kona Bikes (2007-2015). In charge of all internal and external communications for one of the largest mountain bike brands in the world, with sales in over 130 countries. By employing a custom content marketing strategy built around high production value storytelling, the company’s fiscal revenues grew by 30% during my tenure.
- Communications Director at Shambhala Music Festival (2014-current). Employed aggressive story-oriented campaign strategy to help return one of Canada’s longest running music festivals back to selling out tickets months before opening date.